back to article REG MAN penetrates GOOGLE'S LAIR

A Google Hangout of a different sort took place at its London offices yesterday. And, neatly fulfilling quite a few of our expectations of the Choc Factory, we ogled tech while milling around a real chocolate fountain. Making conversation Google Glass style Making conversation Google Glass style: record it so you can enjoy …

1. ukgnome

But what freebies did you get?

1. Annihilator

Couple of USB flash drives and a mouse mat, surely.

2. Caaaptaaaain kick arse

Everlasting Nexus 5?

2. Anonymous Custard
    Coat

Make it so...

Getting Google Glass to fit comfortably on existing spectacles can be a challenge

And even more challenging may be not to look like Geordie La Forge with an NHS visor...

1. Anonymoist Cowyard

Re: Make it so...

I find it interesting "wearing Google Glass makes you look an idiot" type posts.

Surely not as much of an idiot as sucking a blue glowing sonic screwdriver that delivers a nicotene puff..

Or it that socially acceptable? if so, who decides what's socially acceptable, and what's not? The company with the deepest astroturfing pockets?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Aww

Here I was thinking you'd gotten into a Google datacenter and had photographic evidence that the underpants gnomes and Nessie were inside.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Aww

Nessie is here.

4. SW10
    Big Brother

Body language

I can see that the woman in the first pic is not at all bothered by a large bloke wearing Glass.

Oh wait...

1. Irongut

Re: Body language

Wearing glass. Sounds like a euphemism.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge

Who told him bright baby blue was a good color for spectacles? At least the other woman's white glasses are a bit less LOOK AT ME and coordinated with the rest of her outfit.

I assume the boat rudder behind the ear houses the battery and is intended to counterweight the camera? It's ugly as sin.

1. DropBear
        Devil

That's because they're holding it wrong - clearly the whole thing goes behind the ear...

5. stu 4

Daily Show Reviewed the Google Glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvI9fZaz6M

spot on.

I especially like the bit about explorers.

1. VinceH
      Pint

Re: Daily Show Reviewed the Google Glass

That has set me up for the day's work ahead. Ta.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Glass

So, creeps can film women's breasts without the need to actually stare in person.

7. Kepler
    Pint

“Open Channel D”

While I loved the Man from U.N.C.L.E. reference — it was my favorite show as a kid (until Star Trek came along) — this is a wristwatch, not a mechanical pencil. Something like "Hemlock Holmes calling Dick Tracy" (2:35), or vice versa (0:05), would be much more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZesZiTGaEM

(And if he'd been talking into the heel of his shoe, . . .)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like