back to article Dell's wee Eee-alike loses some keys

The launch of Dell’s miniature notebook may be pushed back until late summer and feature a keyboard that’s several keys short of a full set, one of the company’s executives has confirmed. Dell_mini_inspiron_02 Dell's redesigned the Mini Inspiron's keyboard from the one shown here According to a report by website APC, Alex …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Acer's Laptot will win

But can it compete with that sexy small Acer Laptot at 199 would be cheaper, and have the function keys?

2. Shaun

BIOS

To enter System Setup, press F2.......... Oh wait.............

3. Jamie
    Linux

No Function Keys

So I take it you cannot format and install a non-OEM version of XP as you need to press F8 to accept the EULA.

And as stated earlier out of all the ones currently popping up, and that is quite a few, Acer is currently the winner. (And that is without some totty in the picture)

4. Laurent Somers

My money's on the Acer

My main gripes with the EEE were the awkward keyboard and the too narrow screen/resolution.

The Acer seems to fix both issues and at a better price, to boot.

The EEE's getting a wEEE too expensive.

5. Steve Foster

@BIOS/No Function Keys

Presumably, Dell will do something like FN on current laptops that provides access to uncommon keyboard choices (like NumLock, Screen Brightness, etc.).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fn for Function keys...

Blah blah, what about installing windows with F8? What about pressing F2 for the bios, think more...

That little Fn key could EASILY be introduced to implement F keys.

Granted removing the F keys is a stupid idea, its easy to work around it in a standard keyboard style.

7. W
    Coat

F - Off!

Lost subtitle opportunity.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like