back to article Sticks and stones may break my DRONES – but I'm worth $10bn, laughs China's 'copter giant

Chinese drone company DJI could become the world's most valuable unmanned aerial vehicle biz, following a round of fundraising said to place the manufacturer's worth at a cool $10bn (£6.7bn), according to reports. The Chinese maker of remote-controlled “quadcopters" is seeking to raise money from Silicon Valley venture firms …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Last month, a DJI drone was used in the first attempt to smuggle drugs into a British prison.

Huzzah for Britain's long unblemished record of drug free prisons.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

What's so special about them?

Seriously, what's so special about them compared to what seems like the other umpteen thousand other R/C quad copter makers?

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Re: What's so special about them?

Not much at all except they were one of the first to integrate a decent camera and an "understandable by idiots" interface. This gave them a foot in the door and brand recognition boost. There are whole herds now who equate camera drone with DJI.

2. Mystic Megabyte

Re: What's so special about them?

A 4K camera, ultrasonic height detection and live streaming to Youtube

I might even be tempted to buy one. It probably won't be long before someone shoots a entire movie using drones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32224429

3. auburnman

"Last month, a DJI drone was used in the first attempt to smuggle drugs into a British prison"

first unmanned attempt to smuggle drugs into a British prison

in fact, first detected unmanned attempt to smuggle drugs into a British prison

4. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

It seems odd...

...that a Chinese company is looking for venture from Silicon Valley when the Chinese seem to be in the position of having so much money they don't really know what to do with it all.

They must be after more than just capital.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like