back to article 'Different' Dell to downgrade XPS brand

Dell has confirmed its XPS brand is to be demoted to a sub-brand, used simply to mark out high-end Inspiron and Studio machines rather than as a product family in its own right. Mark Jarvis, head of Dell's worldwide marketing, said: "You'll soon see high-end Inspiron XPS [laptops] and high-end Studio XPS machines." Jarvis …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. jason
    Unhappy

So nothing to do with the fact......

....that Dell has gotten burnt (ha) bigtime with issuing upper-midrange latops with faulty midrange Nvidia GPUs in them then?

Oh its nothing but integrated Intel crap from us from now on!

Once bitten.......

3. b
    Thumb Up

you can't sniff at 2 x 8800GTX's!

totally off topic, but i'd just like to big up dell for bringing out a laptop with 2 x 8800M GTX's..

respect.

stuff and nonsense: http://www.eupeople.net/forum

4. thomas k.
    Heart

@shame

As well, I absolutely love my spiffy little red M1330, glad I got in under the wire.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

wait n see

I'm going to continue enjoying my M1330--it's a great little machine--right up until the GPU dies.

Flame icon to indicate what the laptop will look like when the GPU dies.

6. Michael

Isn't that what it USED to be

Didn't XPS start off as a sub brand? I bought a Dell Dimension XPS 710 in 2000, before I every saw a Dell XPS <insert incomprehensible nonsense model name here>. So this appears to be a return to the roots.

7. W
    Heart

XPS M1330

Another very happy XPS M1330 customer here.

The Studio range doesn't match up in terms of visual appeal or solid feel.

Presumably the Studio XPS machines will retain the "Sony-ness" of the M1330/M1530?

8. Steven H Taylor

Demotion

XPS already was a sub-brand, like Inspiron. The only actual brand here is Dell. So now XPS is demoted to a sub-sub-brand.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like