back to article AMD's dual-core 'Kuma' specs listed?

Quite contrary to rumors AMD scrapped its plans to bring dual-core K10 parts to the market, the chip maker may have already begun selling the line to its partners on the sly. German tech site Hardware-Infos says its snooped out what appears to be the primary lineup of the processors (codenamed "Kuma") from a listing on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Walter Brown
    Happy

Pricing

I just hope these are chips are priced cheaply enough to move them. i imagine they will be. i can also imagine that these chips when combine with AMD's 780g chipset and some good RAM are going to be good solid performers on a budget price...

2. Zmodem

1.90GHz

i`ll stick to my 3000xp

3. Nexox Enigma

@Zmodem

"""1.90GHz / i`ll stick to my 3000xp"""

Hahah, you still think cpu speed is related to clock speed! Maybe you should look into getting a 3.8 GHz Prescott, I bet they're cheap these days.

4. Jonathan

@Nexox

Nonetheless, given the poor performance of Barcelona chips compared to Nehalem and Penryn, these chips at 1.9 - 2.3 GHz will be less than useless. Considering the highest clocked Phenom goes to 2.6GHz (and beyond with overclocking) its a bit of a mystery why these chips are clocked so low.

Even if they are aimed at a low market segment, it really wont hurt AMD to squeeze a bit of performance out of them. Its only a different multiplier as far as they are concerned, but better performance for the end user. With only 2 cores, its power draw and heat dissipation should be a lot less than Phenom chips.

5. Zmodem

@@Zmodem

most the speed increase is from higher fsb and faster ram. equal it off and do a benchmark and see how much increase multicores give, either way. my board is on its last legs and ive become brain dead to most hardware

6. Philip Garnett

e Editions

I think these chips are energy efficient editions, power draw of 45watts or something....

7. Bill Smith
    Dead Vulture

Slower-speed suggests these are 'failed' parts?

Since these are such low-speed parts, and only dual-core, maybe they're going to be the less-perfect rejects from the X3 and X4 manufacturing runs. Isn't that what ATI did with their 9800 > 9500 GPUs?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like