back to article Quantum finds UK customers reluctant to buy

UK customers are finding it harder to justify IT purchases, according to Quantum reseller research. They are delaying buying decisions and looking for cheaper kit to buy or own. Quantum wants to convince customers they still need backup products and keep the long-term in mind. No price-cutting yet then. Yes, customers are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chika
    Coat

Worried about UK sales downturns, are they?

Perhaps centralising their UK sales offshore might explain this? No? Yes?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

re: "cutting of IT budgets hasn't happened so far"

What's the source for "cutting of IT budgets hasn't happened so far"? The reason I ask is that it's not true for every site I've been to in the last two months.

Projects are stopping _because_ of the budgetary constraints that are bigger than usual end of year belt tightening.

AC

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe....

Quantum should concentrate on producing the quality kit they used to - their LTO offerings are p155 poor compared to the quality of their SDLT drives and I for one would rather poke needles in my eyes than buy it, particularly given the offshore support that really isn't, as mentioned above....

Took me 8 weeks to get a replacement LTO-4 drive out of them - they didn't have one in Europe at all!!!

High standards and good reputations only last as long as you put effort in to maintain them....

4. Gary F

Sales down 'cos they fib about shipping dates

I cancelled an order from Quantum UK because they told my supplier that a shipment had already left the US for the UK but that clearly wasn't the case - a week passed so a I cancelled and chose another manufacturer. (Slightly more expensive though)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like