back to article RM profits dip in 'resilient' market

RM saw profit drop by nearly £3m for the year ended 30 September 2008, but the company said its results were in line with expectations for the year. The IT education supplier announced its prelims today in which it said pre-tax profit declined to £15.39m from £18.43m in 2007. It pulled in total revenue for the year of £289. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. h4rm0ny

RM? Bah!

Our institution buys from RM because of their "Educational Discount". As far as I can see they charge more than other companies for older and more archaic stock and then just add a second even higher price to say that this is what it would be without the discount. I had to spec up a machine for a colleague. I was able to knock nearly a hundred quid off the cost for an equivalent PC from another supplier (the one I buy my home kit from) but told no - I had to buy from the approved supplier. It's a racket.

I'll be fair and say that their support has been fine on the rare occasions that I needed it, but that was, like, once.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Future Bright?

Hmm, so at the end of a period when spending on education has been supposedly high and now that the outlook for the medium term is a severe cut in government expendature due to the recession we are effectively already in they make a small loss.

It'll be even worse when the cuts start to filter through. All this at a time when all RM has on the shelf is the expensive CC4 abomination that they are desperate to peddle to unsuspecting schools and authorities.

Not looking good!

3. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Avoid like the plague

As an ex-employee, I have to say it's a very depressing place. Antique dev machines, clueless management, lack of testing - no wonder their latest CC4 product turned out so great.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do people still buy from RM

I work in education and won't go near them. Too expensive (even after the 'discount'), unreliable, poor specs, crap tech support. Why would you go near them?

This topic is closed for new posts.