back to article Check Point buys Nokia security appliance business

Check Point Software is buying Nokia's security appliance business. Terms of the deal, announced Monday, remain undisclosed. The agreement is subject to regulatory approval but expected to close in the first quarter of 2009. Nokia has made use of Check Point firewall and VPN software technology to market purpose-built …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Life Cycle

Maybe now their hardware lifecyles will start to approach other IT hardware instead of that of a mobile phone. Too often have I seen Nokia tin EOL'd in less than a normal write off period much to a client's cost.

Then again, it's faster and cheaper with SPLAT on Intel anyway.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Oops

I believe Nokia spun off its carrier biz into Nokia Siemens Networks in 2007, so although Nokia consolidates NSN's figures, the carrier networks business isn't technically core business now.

3. joe
    Thumb Down

Sad days ahead

Wow, what have we to look forward to? Yup more bad service and support from CP! Oops i mean overpriced bad support. :( The reason why we stuck with CP the last decade is because Nokia gave better support for CP than CP does. Now we will have to learn Hebrew so we can translate their pathetic documentation. That's why we paid Nokia so we didn't have to. Tis sad sad days ahead. Now i suppose they are going to kill off IPSO and run everything on SPLAT. That really sucks! Anyone who has used both can testify that IPSO is so much more mature and manageable platform. I guess when our FWs come up for replacement we will just exit completely from CP and continue down the road with Juniper. Nice platform, less performance for the price, cheaper licensing to off set lose in performance but way more features and the most important thing....... Great support and better documentation!!!!!

Now if NSM was as easy and strait forward to use as Smart Center then we would be laughing.

At least we don't have to pay extra for clustering and reporting!!! :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like