back to article WD releases 2TB external HDDs

Western Digital has bumped up versions of its chunky MyBook external hard drives to a whopping 2TB of raw storage capacity. The MyBook Studio Edition, Mac Edition, Home Edition and Essential Edition - the names may be slightly different, as are their port arrays and formatting, but they all now have 2TB models. WD MyBook …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Stop

Weird...

I wanted a 2TB MyBook Mirror (the RAID version, so my data is safe), I also wanted it to act as a NAS. They don't seem to do this combo.

I can have a 2TB RAID or a lower capacity NAS...

2. John

Can't wait for the useles stats to come out!

Wow, with this you can store 437,500 songs, or 2.5million photos or 104 days worth of video!

Amazing!

I better start snapping ... or downloading.

3. jai

but, 2x1tb is cheaper

I've got 4 of the MyBook Essentials now. they're on amazon for about 80quid each

so if the EU price for a 2tb is any more than 160 quid, it becomes a really expensive way to free up a usb slot

4. Lindsay Silver badge

Re: Weird...

I was going to say "Mybook World Edition" but a quick check of WD's website reveals that this product is no longer a RAID drive. That's pretty disappointing.

No doubt they've done this to protect sales of "Sharespace," which costs twice as much.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like