back to article Ebuyer caught pinching content again

Ebuyer has again been caught stealing content from rival websites. Once again, the site didn't even bother with a traditional cut and paste but left content to be hosted by the website it was stealing from. We were contacted by a couple of Reg readers who noticed spooky similarities between several Ebuyer pages and those on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typical

They can't design there own deals either, just steal those also.

Rubbish company bleeding money,

2. pluckybanjo

Good publicity for morecomputers.com !

Quite blatant plagiarism by ebuyer, but good publicity / free advertising for morecomputers.com. I didn't even have them bookmarked previously, with ebuyer being my first port of call for hardware purchases - I'll now be looking at morecomputers as well !

3. David Tran

Yeah, but which one loads faster?!

At least the Ebuyer page loads 10 times faster than the one from morecomputers. Must be all the extra traffics from El Reg, I reckon ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Laziness

Come on Ebuyer, you're not even trying.

5. Byron Williams

Another act

On a more design related note I'm not sure which came first, Ebuyer or Aria but the designs of their websites are very similar. Check them out:

Aria: aria.co.uk, Ebuyer: ebuyer.com

6. Jim Cosser

£36 less? No

£36 pound less? Dont they mean around £12 less? Well according to the screenies anyway.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Referer-based redirect...

... to goatse. Problem solved!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not surprised ...

Given that ebuyer recently canned (nearly) all of their development staff, I'm not surprised by this in the slightest. Smacks of desperation, if anything ...

9. Richard Rae

Another site to buy hardware from

Thank you ebuyer for showing somewhere else that I can save money from.

and I was thinking of buying a new printer soon.. hmmmm £36 cheaper right?? Wonder what else is cheaper...

10. Brian, MoreComputers.com

MoreComputers.com back to normal

Just a quick note to say the MoreComputers.com site did slowdown yesterday due to all the hits from The Register, sorry about that. Glad to say everything was back to normal by the afternoon.

11. Steve Mclean

So what!!

It's not exactly a ripped off novel is it!! Who cares, if the description fits then I don't care where is comes from. And the mistake gave a link to mores website. I use both suppliers and find them both excellent. Must agree with other comment ... more speed up your site please.

This topic is closed for new posts.