back to article Alcatel-Lucent to eject '1,000 IT staff' into HP

Alcatel is to transfer about 1,000 workers to HP as part of a ten year "alliance" between the two firms that will see the Californian firm take over most of the French telecoms company's IT operations. The firms described their tie-up as a "10-year global alliance to help customers leverage the convergence of telecommunication …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

HP is sharpening the ax once more

As an ex-EDS employee who got the HP-Hurd treatment a few months after HP acquired EDS, I have one advise for those unfortunate 1,000 Alcatel-Lucent employees; update your resume and start looking for a job right now.

2. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Thumb Down

See...

...you can't be fired, slaves have to be sold....

3. Hi Wreck
    Dead Vulture

Deja Vu...

Why so glum? Nortel outsourced lots of "non-core" functions rather successfully several years ago. Look where they are now!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder

when they are planning on telling us, the employees, about this deal.

5. SynnerCal
    Thumb Down

@HP is sharpening the ax once more

Couldn't agree more fella - Hurd and co have (a) no idea how to treat staff and (b) absolutely no clue whatsoever how to run any business that doesn't involve shifting boxes (big ones!) to a dwindling customer base.

So for all the AlcaLuc folks out there, I can but quote Star Trek TNG - "Prepare to be assimilated - resistance is futile!". And yes, definitely get that c.v. up to date and bookmark the job sites...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Out Of The Fire...

Speaking as someone who was TUPEd into ALU from a nameless telecoms behemoth just over a year ago, surely the opportunity to be ejected out of the shambles within is really a blessing in disguise?

I know all large corporates started going down the toilet around the time MBAs started being taken seriously, but I can't imagine HP has become ALU bad in the 15 years since I worked there.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

@ Out of the Fire...

AC - believe what you want, but from a 10 year+ EDS employee who was saying almost the same thing a year ago i.e. "Ha HP can't possibly be as bad as EDS..."

Run

Don't look back and don't stop to pick up your belongings

Every rumour you heard is true, you are about to either wind up doing way more work as you lose an unsustainable amount of colleagues, or you're about to wind up on the same job pile as them

Get out while you can, get out first while there are still jobs available

My job is safe but I'm applying for work with a 15% pay cut just to get out of the dysfunctional hell EDS has become

This topic is closed for new posts.