back to article Intel weans netbook makers off Atom Z

Intel is to halt the supply of low energy Atom Z processors to netbook manufacturers before Christmas, according to the Taiwan rumour mill. Industry sources say Intel has informed OEM customers that it will soon stop accepting any further orders for Atom Z series chips – unveiled in March 2008 - according to a report by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Can I be sued for a one word comment??

B'STARDS!!!

2. Dave Edmondston
    Thumb Down

So let's get this straight...

Intel have decided to discontinue production of a successful chip, with no current replacement yet available, because they're scared that people are buying netbooks to use as proper computers rather than dumb email consoles?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Errr...

“getting close to completely digesting its inventory”

So, Intel is eating them?

Paris because... err... don't worry I'll think of something, just give me a minute...

4. ZenCoder

They are proper computers ...

I just helped a friend buy one to replace her 6-7 year old desktop. Honestly once I hooked it up to my 24" LCD, my keyboard, mouse, and an external optical drive its a perfectly respectable computer which would more than meet the needs of your average user.

5. Goat Jam
    Megaphone

Opportunity Knocks

AMD, are you listening?

6. TeeCee Gold badge
    Paris Hilton

Re:Errr...

I suspect a typo somewhere along the line; s/digesting/divesting/ is in order here methinks.

Bloody annoying one too as it's getting on for lunchtime, I'm quite attracted by the thought of digesting chips and there are none on the canteen menu today.

Paris, 'cos she's a dab hand at divesting.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like