back to article SanDisk goes launch-crazy

SanDisk released today a slew of products at IFA, the consumer electronics show in Berlin. The lineup includes a 8GB card for mobile phones, a faster card for cameras, a high-speed card adapter and a new solid-state drive for laptops. Let's dive right in... Phone cards Although they aren't available to the public yet, today …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Morely Dotes

Ah, the Good Olde Days...

There was a time when an 8G drive was considered absolutely huge (say, around 1992, perhaps).

Try to install Windows Vista on one today and prepare to be laughed at by Microsoft Technical Support.

On the other hand, I have a very nice, speedy install of Ubuntu Linux running on a 5GB drive using the Fluxbox desktop, Open Office, Firefox, and Thunderbird; everything the usual office worker could require, all free software, and great performance in a relatively small amount of storage.

I wonder how long it will take for Microsoft to buy SanDisk and stop the shipments of solid-state hard drives, to prevent further embarrassment.

2. Yuri

but when the others

will support it?

3. daniel

So my DEC Rainbow 100...

with it's 10 meg hard drive does not come into consideration here ?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Syntax

Love the writing style - he's a keeper.. :)

5. Danny

uSSD size

With only shillings and their ilk for size comparisons, just how many the-area-of-Wales is George Washington's head?

6. James Brash

Poor testers...

"Lasting over 10,000 open-close cycles in their durability testing."

Which poor bastard tests these things?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Right Solid State

When someone can bring a 1TB Ultrafast Bus solid state HDD in at a price less that £1000 pound I'll re-initiate my interest it the the solid state tech memory techs

This topic is closed for new posts.