back to article Cisco pumps up small business line

The nearest thing to Cisco's heart is clearly a nice, solid conglom to sell oodles of networking kit. But about a year ago, the company glued together products and people from across LinkSys and its US reseller channel to create a new unified SMB program. Since then, the company has been punting small business technology with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bugs888
    Unhappy

False Advertisement?

At first I was intrigued, but then I started reading. This product doesn't have UTM. UTM is comprised of Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, Content Filtering and sometimes Anti-Spam. This product can only do Content Filtering and Anti-Spam through MX record redirection. Their Anti-Virus claim comes only from the fact that they block viruses in email while doing Anti-Spam. No AV, Anti-Spyware or IPS for regular traffic, so they might as well just call it a stateful firewall and charge 100 bucks for it.

Shame Cisco, shame. This is not really marketing any more, but just wishful thinking.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I won't sell Cisco, they are too big for their breaches

HI, after being accepted as a Cisco authorized dealer, I was then rejected because I work from my house. Forget that I have sold millions in computer parts and am a NASA system integrator. Cisco sales management is out of touch with today's economy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like