back to article Asus serves up Windows 7 Home Server box

Asus has taken the wraps off a home server build out of an Atom processor and up to 2TB of internal storage. The Home Server TS Mini uses the 1.66GHz Atom N280 allied with 1-2GB of 800MHz DDR 2 memory to run Windows 7 Home Server. Asus Home Server TS Mini Asus' Home Server TS Mini: bionic nettop, basically On-board …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sam Cogan

Windows 7 Home Server??

There's no such thing as Windows 7 Home Server, the version of Home Server designed to work with Windows 7 clients is Windows Home Server Power Pack 3.

2. Paul Leighton
    WTF?

W7HS or just WHS??

Is there such a thing as Windows 7 Home Server? I'm only aware of Windows Home Server (based on SBS2003) and the potential of a newer WHS2. So can you clarify if Windows 7 Home Server actually exists then or just a mistake?

3. Steve Oliver 1

Coinkidink

Interesting to read this the morning after I ordered an Artigo A2000 and 2x 2TB Seagate drives. The Artigo's been around the best part of a year, and has a very similar spec.

4. ChrisInBelgium
    FAIL

Atom and Win7 is FAIL anyway

I have an Asus EeePC in test, with an Atom 1.33 Mhz and 2 GB Ram, and with Win7, it is slooow. Nothing to do with the poor netbook I'd say. I have also an Acer with the same Atom processor and only 1 GB of Ram, and it's twice as fast with XP on it. So, if you want a slow home server, go for it!

5. Bassey

Re: ChrisInBelgium

That's strange, I have two Atom-based PC's with Win7 running at home and they fly like the proverbial off a shovel. In fact, having bought the first and being so impressed with it's Win7 performance I sold my Core2Duo desktop system and bought the other to replace it with. They are both dual-core NVidia ION machines with 2GB RAM but Atom's none the less.

6. gratou
    Thumb Down

file server with no redundancy?

one might as well toss their files in the rubbish.

and i don't mean obsolete raid level 1 or 5 or 6.

i am still waiting for such an appliance with (probably opensolaris and) raidz.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like