back to article HP juices gamestations with Intel 'Westmeres'

Hewlett-Packard has freshened its desktop and mobile workstations with new Intel six-core "Westmere-EP" Xeon 5600 . The move follows an early March update to the company's business notebook lineup that saw the addition of Intel's latest Core i3, i5, and i7 processors. By Intel's reckoning, the Westmere-EPs offer about 45 per …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Quad core i3?

Surely you jest...

1. OneWhoKnows

Xeons

The Z200 supports quad core Xeon X34xx processors, in addition to the desktop dual core i3 and i5 processors.

2. Ammaross Danan
    Coat

Title

"HP also kicked out a new small form factor workstation called the Z2000 SFF.... What makes this is workstation instead of a desktop PC in a tower case is not clear. Prices start at $739 for a base configuration"

I believe you had already answered this question above: "...executives think they need one because their egos demand it."

What better way to satisfy their egos than to hand them a "workstation" that is even the fancy SFF, and have it be just about as cheap as a regular old SFF business model?

3. OneWhoKnows
    Go

Z200 SFF is more than a desktop

The Z200 uses the Workstation class Intel PCH 3450 chipset (not the P55 desktop version), supports Xeon X34xx processors, and ECC memory. Desktops do not.

This topic is closed for new posts.