back to article Hurd fingered in HP bribe case after probe

Mark Hurd, former chief executive of HP, has been named in a court case brought against the ink giant. The case concerns allegations that HP paid bribes to secure US government contracts. Documents claim Hurd, now at Oracle, won $97m in contracts thanks to the illegal payments. Ten other directors are named and accused of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

We gave you a bribe to get the contract ...

now here is another to forget about investigating the first one.

Should just put them all in the same room, with one frag grenade. Let's see how that turns out.

2. Tom 35

bribes to secure US government contracts

They need to look at the other end too. It's not just HP offering bribes, the government workers taking the bribes (or often DEMANDING them) need to be dealt with. I used to deal with large quotes and I would get a request followed by a phone call. The call was to tell me I could charge what I wanted as long as something else was delivered to some other location off the record. Add 20k to your quote and a 50" plasma to the guys living room and the deal is yours.

3. thomas k.
    Alien

@ Chris

You mean, in addition to his other travails, he was also abducted by aliens? I must have missed that report.

4. Hans 1
    Flame

and Justice for all ...

I guess the civil servants that asked for the bribe or benefited from it remain unharmed ... I guess that is how Microsoft got away with the ie is an integral part of Windows bs as well ....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like