Re: Wait for the backlash
if you make a pro-MS software comment on these forums, someone will mod you down
I just did. Or wasn't your post pro-MS? :)
Joking aside, El Reg forums is not what decision makers read - too much like the real world. No, they will suffer (cough) the usual wining and dining and breathless reporting and golfing that is reserved for the upper echelons of cluelessness. Seen it, been there, nicked from the buffet etc. MS knows full well, as long as there is incompetence they will never run out of sales opportunities. "Sort of works" when demonstrated is enough to get the sales, after it's left to poor IT saps to get the crap to actually deliver - naturally, the only thing you'll hear in CEO magazine is that IT staff quality declines instead.
- Openreach to split from BT... so they'll be 'Legally Separate'
- It's 2016 and your passwords can still be sniffed from wireless keyboards
- Updated Zen loses its chill: UK biz ISP falls offline for four hours and counting
- Ofcom: Legal separation will force Openreach to eat more fibre
- Comment UK membership of Council of Europe has implications for data protection after Brexit